Search This Blog

Saturday 27 December 2014

Fun seekers throng Suntan beach in Badagry



The Suntan Beach in Badagry, Lagos state, on Thursday recorded a large turnout of fun seekers, who thronged the place to celebrate Christmas.

People from Lagos and some neighbouring states started to gather at the beach as early as 10.15a.m while the presence of numerous fun seekers made petty traders do some brisk businesses at the beach.


Mr Abdul Sallah, a seller of roasted meat popularly known as Suya, told reporters that he made more than N4,500 gain before mid-day.

He said that he was still expecting to earn more income before the end of the day.
“I wish everyday were public holiday so that I can make this kind of money every time.
“The turn-out is so encouraging; this means good business for me,” he said.

Mrs Tiiti Lawal, a seller of soft drinks, could not hide her joy over the profit she made.
“Business has been great today and I am glad about this because things have really been slow for the past one week.

“My drinks finished and I quickly went to the market to get more. This kind of thing happens once in a while and I am going to make good use of it,” she told NAN.

Miss Abeni Oguntayo, a fun seeker, who came from Abeokuta, said that she took advantage of the holiday to seek fun at the beach.

“Due to the nature of my job, I rarely have time for myself; so I usually use holidays like this to relax and catch fun,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment